Thursday, September 30, 2010

7 weeks ago today

7 weeks ago today I fell in love. That’s when my grandson Jude entered the world and now that he’s here I can’t imagine life, even for a second, without him in it. There he is, my child’s child, a part of my son, a part of me, a second chance in a way to be patient, be kind, be fun, be supportive and positive, and do all the things as a parent I wished I’d done better the first time around. Before becoming a grandparent I had no idea how my world was about to evolve and grow. I had no idea of the instant and unconditional love I would feel inside for this little person. I had no idea of the thrill I would feel just being on the same planet as him. And now that I am a grandparent I understand. I look down into my grandson's sweet innocent face and I know that he is a perfect gift from God and I think to myself thank you God. Thank you so much.

The First Grandchild
You will always be the ONE, who took my heart by surprise.
Loving so completely, you are perfection in my eyes.
Dreams of you and me, would fill me with delight.
But nothing could compare, to the first time I held you tight.
Overwhelming love, greater than I knew.
Wrapped in pride and joy, and all the riches of you.
You will be shamelessly spoiled, with my affections and time.
Photographs and phone calls, lullabies and nursery rhymes.
You will make me smile, and boast of all you do.
I will play again, and feel the joy in life with you.
You will always be the FIRST, a true blessing from above.
You will always be the grandbaby,
who filled HEARTS and souls with love.
~ Teri Harrison ~

No comments:

Post a Comment