Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Anniversary WS

A year ago today I began this blog as a way to document moments in time, record memories, and be able in a sense to return and relive them whenever I wanted. And, for someone whose memory can stand a little jogging now and then a blog or any other manner of keeping memories alive is a really good thing. In trying to come up with a name for my site I remembered the lyrics of one of my favorite songs, Magnolia, hence the name Whippoorwill's Singing.

Magnolia, a song of simple lyrics but deep meaning was written by JJ Cale and recorded wonderfully by Poco. I dearly love the song and a one year anniversary seems like as good an excuse as any to listen to it again. 



Click below for the original post of a year ago.
http://whippoorwillsinging.blogspot.com/2010/02/why-whippoorwills-singing.html

No comments:

Post a Comment