Friday, July 22, 2011

Remembering Frank

Mel called yesterday with the sad news that Frank passed away. I had just finished writing a long post about him when suddenly everything I wrote seemed inadequate and trite. It seemed no matter what I said or how much I wrote I was unable to capture his true essence. I could say what a good father and brother and friend he was. I could say how much my family and I grew to know and care about him. I could say how much he loved life and how unfair it is his was taken too soon. I could say so much but never enough. The past few weeks Frank has been on my mind. I remember the first time I met him and the last time I saw him. I remember old and happier times. There were many, but what I remember most about Frank is how very much he loved Mel and I thank him dearly for this. We will miss you Frank. Requiescat in pace.

Frank and Mel - January 2007
Old Town St. Charles Christmas - 2006
St. Louis Polish Falcon Festival - September 2006
Frank and his daughter Andrea on her wedding day - 2009

Francis M. "Frank" Snopek
Snopek, Francis M. Frank Thursday, July 21, 2011. Beloved father of Andrea (Guy) Wittler, Amanda, Arika, and Alisa Snopek; future grandfather to Luke Wittler; dear son of the late Casimir and Thelma Snopek; dear brother of Larry, John (Margie), Paul, Steve (Carrie) and Joe (Diane) Snopek; former husband of Cynthia Snopek; dear nephew, uncle, great uncle, cousin, and friend, and will be missed by his dog, Sherry. Frank owned and operated Snopek Major Appliance Repair for over 30 yrs. Services: Funeral from KUTIS AFFTON CHAPEL, 10151 Gravois, Monday, July 25, 9:15 a.m. to St. Stanislaus Kostka Church for 10 a.m. Mass. Interment Our Redeemer Cemetery. Memorials to Heartland Hospice appreciated. Visitation Sunday 4-9 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment