Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How does it feel to be a grandma

I’ve had a lot of people ask lately how it feels to be a grandma; specifically, if it makes me feel older, and so far I’m glad to say the answer is no. I feel different and can’t put my finger on how exactly but I really don’t think it’s related to age. I guess I feel different in several ways. I feel different seeing my son with a son of his own. I feel different having an emotional bond with a grandson I didn’t know five days ago. I feel different knowing his life is now a piece of mine. And I feel especially different that one tiny being named Jude has created a desire in me for so much more in life. Now that he’s here I wish for his world and everything in it to be perfect. And even though I know there’s no such thing, and I can’t give him that, I still wish it so.

who knows, maybe I'll take up cigar smoking ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment