Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer don't go

The last Saturday in August began with visiting a Farmers Market in downtown Edwardsville followed by a wine and art festival (more wine than art) at picturesque Hidden Lake Winery in Aviston. Looking back at pictures taken that day makes me yearn to hold onto time and close my eyes to the chill of fall that's just around the corner. However, as the saying goes time stands still for no one and no matter the season or reason time keeps moving along. Summer's not gone yet but like it or not it's leading us into the near beginning of fall with its shorter days and cooler nights, followed by that most dreaded season of all (for me anyway) . . . winter.

The name of the song in the slideshow below is "Crowded in the Wings". I included it simply because I love it. That, plus I love listening to Mark Olson and Gary Louris of The Jayhawks sing just about anything. Can any two harmonize better? How rare and special it is when two voices blend so well and warm together. Reminds me a little of summer.



Links:
http://goshenmarket.org/
Edwardsville’s Farmers Market has fresh fruit, veggies, jams, pretty jewelry, bags, pottery, herbs, etc – closes for the season in mid October

http://www.hiddenlakewinery.com/
beautiful scenery with so-so wine and mixed reviews on service

No comments:

Post a Comment