Sunday, October 31, 2010

Weekend of music

What a fun music-filled weekend. Last Friday, Jackie Greene played at the Old Rock House (where they have been having some pretty interesting shows lately). The actor Jeff Daniels  is playing there tomorrow night. Who knew Jeff Daniels was a musician? I sure didn't. Below is a short clip from Jackie Greene's show.


Jackie Greene
On Saturday, The Incurables followed by Chuck Prophet played at Off Broadway. Both artists were great. I've seen The Incurables a couple times before and always love 'em but I was especially impressed with seeing Chuck Prophet for the first time. He's got a great stage presence and seems to genuinely enjoy himself and his audience.

The Incurables performing their song "Anytime Soon".

The Incurables
Jimmy Griffin of The Incurables...and Jake
Chuck Prophet
Chuck Prophet...and Mark
The short video below is a song by Chuck Prophet that drats! I couldn't finish due to my camera's memory running out.


To hear Chuck's song from the movie P.S., I Love You, click here:
Links:
St. Louis Old Rock House http://oldrockhouse.com/
Off Broadway http://offbroadwaystl.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment