Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Don't be such a stick in the mud"

Someone said that to me the other night and while I'm not sure I appreciated the advice I figure it can't be that bad if a great band like the Jayhawks wrote a song about it.

They're playin my song...

Jayhawks - Stick in the Mud .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

So exactly what is a stick-in-the-mud? Well, according to one definition, a stick in the mud is:

(stĭk'ĭn-THə-mŭd')
n. Informal, pl., stick-in-the-muds.
One who lacks initiative, imagination, or enthusiasm.

I understand it can also mean one who is a party pooper, killjoy, wet blanket, boat rocker, maker of waves, upsetter of the proverbial applecart, spoilsport, etc.  Moi?  Do I really mar the pleasure of others? Wow, hmm and here I thought I was just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment