Sunday, January 16, 2011

Like being in a winter wonderland

Spending two days up north last weekend was like being in a winter wonderland. I've never been much into winter vacations, even short ones, mainly because I despise cold weather but this was one mini-trip in winter I thought was just great. Even the cold weather didn't stop Mark and I from thoroughly enjoying our time in Iowa. Actually, staying at the NauView House may have been the nicest Christmas gift I've ever had. There was a feeling of solitude, serenity, and even spiritualness of where we were. Montrose, IA and Nauvoo, IL have a rich history I previously knew nothing of and found very interesting. And the house itself? Perfect. I'd recommend staying at the NauView House to anyone. It's a house with a panoramic view from every room and even with all the windows (and there are many!) it was warm and cozy and not at all drafty like one might expect. I loved the area (in spite of the temps) and I loved the house. And the view at night across the river of the illuminated Mormon Temple and tiny town of Nauvoo against a brightly backlit sky? Priceless. :)

Heading further into winter:

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

Post a Comment