Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Family Means Everything

Thanks to my Uncle Conrad for sending me the picture below. Pictures like this take me back to family gatherings through the years. They take me back to reunions as a child, of reunions growing up, and of reunions with children of my own. I fondly recall the childhood stories of my Aunts and Uncles, their silly jokes, laughter, singing and harmonica playing, their warm and caring character, and the feeling they gave me of being part of something bigger than myself. The Kee family taught me what family truly means. From my grandparents, the root of our family tree, on up to my dad and his brothers and sisters, the branches, family to me means everything.

Jesse and Donnie Kee & Family
standing left to right in order of age:
Lee, Jesse (dad), Vernon, Eanos, George, Lester, Conrad, Denny,
Donna Jean, Bobby Dean, Betty Lou and Stanley
June 19, 1966

No comments:

Post a Comment