Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This time of year

This time of year...fall, when the leaves have turned golden and red and have become crunchy underfoot, makes me think of dad, probably more than any other time of year. Dad was never crazy about fall. With all its vivid colors he liked the beauty of it; he just didn’t like what it signified. To him it meant the beginning of a long cold winter and dad was definitely not a fan of winter. I’d say it was his least favorite season of all. He and I had that in common. He and I had many things in common and this time of year makes me miss him more than ever.

Dad loved the beautiful bright fall color of this sweet gum
tree but boy did he hate the spiky balls it dropped.
I can still see him standing there and mixed with
sadness is hope that someday I will see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment