Monday, December 13, 2010

Mom's heart

Sometimes I think my heart could burst with all the love it holds for my grandson. It makes me wonder how my mom's heart must feel. I can't imagine how it has room inside for 7 grandchildren, let alone 6 great grandchildren. Just how full can a heart get? How much love can it hold? Emily asked recently if I thought parents loved their grandchildren as much as their own children. My instant answer was yes, they do...but maybe in a different way. I didn't say maybe in a stronger way. I know my mom loves my kids as much as she loves me...possibly more. It's not easy to differentiate types and strengths of love. To me a grandchild feels like a continuation of the love I have for my own children, an extension of that love. It's like part two of a never-ending story, a story I never want to have an ending.

Below are pics of the great grandchildren that fill my mom's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment