Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Changes are a-comin'

ch-ch-ch-ch changes,
turn and face the strange
ch-ch changes


Seems I've grown at ease with life as it is and even though I know life will always change...I still wish I could hang on to the parts I want to stay the same. There comes a time though when you have to...as the song says, "turn and face the strange". Emily will graduate in May, and though I'm proud and happy for her, life as I know it will change and become somewhat strange...because if Emily has her way (and I'm sure she will) she'll be moving to Texas after graduation to begin her teaching career. It won't be the first time a daughter of mine moved to Texas…my older daughter Mandy has been living there for years. Somehow that doesn't make Emily leaving easier. When she goes I’ll have to face the change of living alone in a house that's never felt like a home with just me in it. But the idea I guess is to turn and face the changes that make us feel strange, stare them down if necessary, and then move on.

Thankfully, many changes in life are welcome ones and I’m happy to have one coming up that I will embrace completely. That special change will happen when I become a grandma with the birth of my first grandbaby in August of this year. He (or she) will come into this world with not only a mom and dad that will work to be good and caring parents but also with an extended loving family on both sides. Sometimes the biggest blessings in life are unexpected. This little baby will be a blessing and a welcome change in our lives. And it is on that positive note that I will close this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment